Porchetta is a traditional Italian pork roast stuffed with fennel, garlic and herbs. This roast uses a turkey breast instead of pork, and is stuffed with the traditional ingredients, plus spinach and parmesan.
Ingredients: For the roast
- ½ tablespoon fennel seeds
- 3 cups frozen spinach
- ¼ cup parmesan
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6–8 pound turkey breast, removed from the bone
Ingredients: For the au jus
- 2 cups turkey broth
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup parmesan rind, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine fennel, spinach, parmesan, red pepper, sage, rosemary, garlic, orange zest, and salt. Set aside.
- Line a cutting board with plastic wrap, and place the turkey breast on top, skin side down. Butterfly the breast, cover with plastic wrap, and pound with a mallet, flattening.
- Remove the top wrap, and top with spinach mixture.
- Roll turkey breast into a cylinder, secure with butcher’s twine, and place on a wire rack lined roasting pan or baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast turkey for 45–50 minutes or until golden brown and turkey is cooked thoroughly. Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- While turkey is cooking, bring balsamic parmesan au jus ingredients to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, strain, and serve with turkey.
Want more food recipes?