This easy Instant Pot recipe is loaded with Japanese flavor. Beef short ribs are slow cooked in a miso soy-flavored broth and served over fragrant jasmine rice with pickled ginger, wasabi and scallions.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs. bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 cup miso soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup mirin cooking wine
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 nori sheets, cut into squares
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Set your Instant Pot or programmable multipurpose cooker to sauté mode and heat oil. Sear short ribs (on all sides) for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Pour in braising liquid ingredients and stir. Change setting to slow cook, program for 6 hours and cover with the lid. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve short ribs with a little of the braising liquid over rice with nori, ginger, scallions, wasabi and sesame seeds.
Want more food recipes?